Therapy can be tough!


Here is Addie with her new speech therapist - Trish.












Trish seemed to be impressed with Addie's vocal sounds, her recognition of baby signs, her ability to sit up unassisted, how well she is doing reaching for and playing with toys and how well she is doing at eating solid foods. I love receiving positive feedback!

Over the summer, instead of having one-on-one therapy at The Bell Center, I worked with Addie under the directive of her therapists. It was a chance for me to learn even more exercises to do at home and to share with her daycare providers. As of today, her one-on-one therapy started back and she moved up to the "big girl" baby room with a new set of therapists.

I have become quite concerned with the tightness in Addie's arms and legs. I have been working with her and doing daily stretches, but I don't see that we are making progress. Trish noted my concerns and we will talk with Addie's physical therapist about additional exercises. The tightness in Addie's limbs will affect her ability to crawl...among other things. Please pray that our efforts and therapy will decrease the tightness in her limbs and enable her to move more freely.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...