Good Mom/Bad Mom...

I promised Julien last week that I would take the day off work today and we would have a “Julien” day. We would take Addie to daycare and spend the day doing whatever he wanted to do. Daycare called yesterday because Addie developed a high fever. When she woke up this morning, her fever had climbed to 103. After all that Julien has been through and regardless of things that happen, I refused to break my promise to him. So, instead of spending a day with my boys, we had a fun family day. We started out by attending orientation at the intermediate school and meeting Julien’s new teacher. After that Julien decided on a movie, lunch, a trip to the pet store (I stood firm when he begged for a pet rat…can’t even fathom it!) and last but not least – bowling. We had the BEST time. Poor Addie was just along for the ride and as long as she had Motrin in her system and was attached to me, life was good. She slept through most of the movie, was enamored by the decorations at the restaurant, laughed at the birds at the pet store and was puzzled by what everyone was doing at the bowling alley. I was able to keep my promise to Julien AND administer lots of non-physical therapy for Addie…stimulation is key to development!

Addie is still running a fever tonight, so we’re heading to the doctor tomorrow. Julien’s first day of school is tomorrow. He’s so nervous about starting a new school and it took a while before he finally fell asleep.

Today was a good day.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...