Julien's first day of school...


Yes, I'm one of "those" mom's...at least I didn't take the picture while we were at the bus stop!
Chris spoiled Julien last year by letting him ride his scooter to the bus stop each morning. This meant that Chris would have to drag it back home each time...well apparently tradition has continued! While waiting for the bus this morning, Julien told me again how nervous he was about the new school and not being able to find his class. I was doing my best to reassure him when we looked up and saw a hot air balloon over our neighborhood; I think he forgot all about his anxiety - it was a neat way for him to start the day! When I picked Julien up this afternoon he was all smiles! He told me that today was the best day of his life "except for our trip to Disney World" and that he thinks this year is going to be really great because "you know mom, I'm older, I get to do more stuff...". He's a mess. He talked about how great his day was all the way home, while doing his homework, while making dinner and all the way through dinner! I am so relieved that all went well for him today. School can be tough sometimes!

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...