Veteran's Day

Republished.


It is Veteran's Day
and 
No words can express the honor or pain and no words can express the selflessness involved in their actions.

Thank you to all of the men and women, past and present who serve and protect this great country we live in.

My Dad 


My oldest brother


and my youngest older brother.


My oldest brother was able to spend time with us after the wedding.
It was a rare opportunity for us to catch up and one story blended into another until we found ourselves talking about our family and the role each served in the military.

My dad was 48 when I was born and 28 years separate my oldest brother and me.
There is a lot of family history that I was never privy to.
From WWII to Vietnam to Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm, my family was there.

One of the most fascinating details I learned is that my dad's brother and my aunt's boyfriend was on the 
U.S.A.T. Dorchester, widely known by the story of the Four Chaplains.
My uncle made it back home, my aunt's boyfriend, did not.

I have always known that the men in my family were tough, with iron perseverance, but that story just reaffirmed what I already knew.

Thank a veteran today.
Your kind words are more powerful than you know.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...