The AAP

When the AAP considers the epitome of perfect parenting and prompt attention to routine well child visits, they think of me.

Four days before my child turns 15, I manage to get him in for his 14 year old visit.

It's not like he doesn't see the doctor for any non-routine issues and he technically did have a well visit for his sports physical, so I'm not a complete and total failure, AND, it's been a very busy year.

I personally think I get points for even remembering to follow through with the well child visits with a teenager who doesn't sit around and wish for such things to occur.

Today, I managed to take my still 14 year old son to see - our very favorite pediatrician - ever.

Dr. Dudgeon is simply amazing  and I can't imagine the last 12 years of Julien's medical care being handled by anyone else.

Unfortunately, I don't have any office pictures to commemorate the event.
Julien refused
and
in an effort not to exacerbate his already nervous state, I didn't push the issue.

My precious baby boy hasn't quite made it to six feet tall just yet.

He got one dose of flu mist, one blood draw, one camouflage band aide, but no stickers.
How anyone could have overlooked the sticker giving, I have not a clue.

I am so very thankful for the one on one time I get to spend with Julien, and I am so thankful for this beautiful afternoon of cherished memories.


Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...