She Gets Away with Nothing!

I left Addie and Alley alone on my bed only long enough for me to walk to the laundry room and back.
The laundry room is in the West Wing and if the servants aren't milling about, I can typically make it there and back within a few minutes.

When I made it back to my room, the following conversation took place:

Addie:  "Alley, ear, hurt"

Me:  "Your ear still hurts?"  (because we had just finished putting drops in the Little Fungus Monkus's ear...yay)

Addie:  "Alley, no touching!"

Me:  "Oh...did you touch Alley's ear?"

Addie:  "Ma'am"

Me:  "Addie, Mommy told you that you pet Alley's head softly and you don't touch her ears." ....because Addie feels the need to examine our poor geriatric cat's ears....

Addie:  "Alley, No Ma'am!"

Me:  "Alley told you no Ma'am?"

Addie:  "Ma'am"

Me:  "Did Alley say, No, or did Alley say, Meow?"

Addie:  "Meow."

Addie totally tells on herself and it is absolutely hysterical. I truly hope it is one of the many benefits nestled in her sweet spirit.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...