Look people...

it's been a really slow news day.
The following information may be offensive to some readers. It contains way too much information. Read at your own discretion.
Keeping in mind that I have nothing of real interest to talk about, the following is very news worthy to, at the very least, the people residing under the roof in which I pay a mortgage on each month.
I will spare you all my great disdain for eating in Chinese Restaurants. Take out is fine, dine-in...not so much.
We won't even go there.
Chris had a lot going on today and when he asked if we could go out to eat - for Chinese - I resisted the urge to protest and just got in the car.
I'll skip the in-betweens...ugh.
We were on the way home when my Mommy instinct kicked in. I looked back at Monkey and asked if she needed to go potty, "ys", she answered. I told her that we were almost home and that she could use the big girl potty if she could wait.
I told her all of this just because it is what I would have told any of my children. I never expected for her to comprehend it.
When we pulled into the garage, I grabbed Monkey and up two flights of stairs we went.
I put her on the big, big potty and....she went potty.
Poo-poo potty that is.
Then, Chunkus the Monkey, reached over and tried to get the needed tissue.
All of this, the little Monkey comprehended.
So, if there ever was a poo-poo story to tell, this was it.
I don't believe I have ever been so happy to see poo-poo in a potty.
Oh...did I mention that Monkus "asked" me if she could flush the potty when she was done? Yep, that's right folks.
She leaned way over and tried with all of her might to push the lever down. Her little hand just isn't strong enough, so I put my hand on top of hers to show her how we can work on that skill.
Guess what else...she waved bye-bye to the poo-poo.
Did you ever imagine that my child, you know, the one who would never "function as a normal child", waved bye-bye to poo-poo in a big potty because she comprehended what she had just accomplished?
Well, did you?

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...