Life goes on...

Ten weeks has now passed in a blur and amazingly enough life outside my little world has seemed to go on. I start back to work this week and Addie starts daycare. I can’t say that I’m looking forward to either one. With Addie going to The Bell Center two days a week, receiving additional therapy at daycare, me working with her at home and her being around “typically developing children” at daycare I am very hopeful that she is going to beat all the odds. I know that as time passes, life happens. People experience new things in life and prayers for my Addie will start to diminish. I beg all of you to please continue to pray for her. I can’t say enough how much it means to me. I want so much for my posts from now on to be nothing more than rejoicing in the milestones that Addie meets rather than the disheartening news that we have been receiving.

Chris spent yesterday morning taking apart all of Addie’s toys and cutting the wires to the lights. We didn’t realize that even the lights in a child’s toy could cause a seizure in a child that was at high risk. I have asked many of you over the last few weeks to pray specifically that Addie continues to meet her milestones and also that she remains seizure free. I didn’t realize in the beginning what a devastating affect seizures could have. For example, I was told that if Addie were crawling, walking or talking and she began having seizures the seizures could reverse those accomplishments. She is doing so well and I can’t imagine that being taken away from her.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...