Dr. Ingram

Yesterday I saw Dr. Ingram for the first time since Addie was born. I had questions that I felt I needed answered. I wanted to know if she had any idea from the ultrasound if there was a problem, if there was anything I could have done differently, or if I had done something wrong. The answer to all were "no". Dr. Ingram has seen only five babies in the last ten years with Addie's primary diagnosis and she has never even heard of her co-existing diagnosis. She cried with me as I told her Addie's prognosis. After almost eight weeks, it's still so hard to talk about.
Last night as I was tucking Julien in to bed, he was telling me all about the baseball practice that I missed and all I could think about was the conversation I had earlier with Dr. Ingram. I told Julien that I was really sad about Addie and his immediate response was that he wasn't. I thought I heard him wrong so I asked him what he said and he responded: "I'm not sad about Addie. God will heal her brain and I trust him Mom".
I need the peace that Julien has.

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...