The Department of Human Genetics

Just seeing the name on the front of the building sent a chill up my spine.
I didn't want to be there, but I had to go for Addie.
Our appointment on Monday was a major emotional set back for me.
We found out details that I wish I never would have heard.
The doctor that we saw had absolutely no compassion and among other things told us that we could expect for Addie to have a "grim" future.
I'm still trying to figure out where along the way in medical school he was given the right to play God and decide my baby's future.
I was very upset at his demeanor.
The doctor informed us that he was going to send Addie's MRI to a world-renowned physician in Chicago who specializes in Addie's condition.
He told us that he wanted to confirm Addie's diagnosis because her condition is so rare.
He is verifying that her diagnosis is correct and wanted to rule out a possible misdiagnosis.
He let us know that this would not change Addie's prognosis but would merely allow us to decide "which support group we should join".
I was a bit taken aback and ask him how many other people he has seen with Addie's condition. Over the last ten years, he has seen SIX people.
I was stunned. I knew the condition was rare, but I still didn't realize how rare.
I'm not in denial, but I'm not giving up hope and never will.
God is protecting Addie and will heal her brain.
Our prayers will make all the difference!

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...