100% BOY

When we picked Julien up from school today, he was so excited! He got in the car, put his seatbelt on and as we were driving away, he said, "Mom, I want to show you something". I look back and he has an empty water bottle turned upside down and is taking the top off. My fearful, motherly instinct kicked in and I immediately asked him what he had. Before I knew it, he opened the bottle and pushed the lid forward so that I was eye to "eye" with a mouse skull (writing this just gave me chills...). Apparently, they dissected an owl pellet in science and what would happen to be inside the pellet but a mouse head! No need to worry 'Mom', it was soaked in formaldehyde and is all clean! Ok, so boys will be boys. I agreed to let it stay in the house so that he could show the family at Thanksgiving (I have to share the fun). What I didn't agree to was allowing the skull to take up residence in my good storage container in the kitchen! It all happened before I knew what he was doing. UGH! Needless to say, the uninvited guest will be leaving after Thanksgiving!

Celebrating Nine Years!

My sweet girl had a very busy day! We spent the day by having lunch at one of Addie's favorite restaurants, then I took her s...